Shannon as a [short] pLaYliSt

Posted by Shannon Simmons | Posted in | Posted on 12:05 PM

1. "Read My Mind" from Sam's Town by The Killers
2. "World" from Two Lights by Five For Fighting
3. "32 Flavors" from Blame it on me, by Alana Davis
4. "All American Girl" from My Private Nation by Train
5. "Girl from Ipanema" from Astrud Gilberto's finest hour by Astrud Gilberto & Joao Gilberto
6. "I feel it all" from The Reminder by Feist
7. "Dream On" from Aerosmiths Greatest Hits, by Aerosmith
8. "Straighten up and Fly Right" from the World of Nat King Cole by The King Cole Trio
9. "Landslide" from the self titled album Fleetwood Mac by Fleetwood Mac
10. "Thats The Way It Is" from All The Way...Decade of Song [UK] by Celine Dion
11. "Madly" from Madly, Single By Tristan Prettyman
12. "Can't Go Back Now" from Say I Am You by The Weepies
13. "California" from The Day Everything Became Nothing by Tripping Lily
14. "North on Hwy 95" from Beneath The Velvet Sun by Shawn Mullins
15. "Shape of My Heart" from Ten Summoner's Tales by Sting
16. "Many The Miles" from Little Voice by Sara Bareilles
17. "You Are Goodbye" from Bird by Holly Conlan
18. "Reason Why" from Happenstance by Rachel Yamagata
19. "Walk On" from All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2
20. "Viva La Vida" from Viva La Vida by Coldplay

Compiling my "self" as a playlist was quite difficult. Anyone who knows me, knows I am fairly obsessed with music. As a singer/songwriter I am equally obsessed with lyrics and the emotion of a song. I interpreted this weeks topic to be a playlist that lyrically described who I am. Since that would be a really long list, I decided to narrow that down by compiling a collection of songs that describes my recent journey to DC and who I am in this present moment. By no means is this list an exclusive look at who I am...

alright...I am feeling pretty cool as I just finished compiling a little "widget." Not all the songs were on grooveshark, and one of the songs isnt the correct version (32 flavors) but, this will do.

Comments (4)

Your setlist works really well for a couple of reasons, I think. First, like you said, I think it paints a good picture of where you are and where you're heading right now (from what I know of you, anyway).

Second, a lot of the tracks really reveal your musical influences (based on your recordings I've heard, anyway).

And it's funny how much overlap I had with both you and Dave. There were songs from both of your lists that almost made my own ("The Girl from Ipanema" and "Straighten Up and Fly Right" from yours, "Here Comes the Sun" from Dave's). I like that we all so far seem to have overlapping/similar musical interests, but our lists are still all pretty distinct. Good times ahead.

Agreed. The similarities give me hope of discovering something new since I can tell I am among folks with good taste.

Thanks guys! I think we are in for a good future of fun musical times. This was a fab idea & I am glad to be a part of the "society."

Shannon, I'm totally judging your playlist, and all I can say is that I hope I get to meet you face-to-face someday! What a fantastic mix.

Post a Comment