Shameless O'Reilly

Posted by The Shark | Posted in | Posted on 8:47 AM

  1. "Girl You Know It's True" from Milli Vanilli: Greatest Hits by Milli Vanilli
  2. "Phantom of the Opera (Remix)" (Unknown Source)
  3. "Bring Me To Life" from Fallen by Evanescence
  4. "I Am A Paleontologist" from Here Comes Science by They Might Be Giants
  5. "Heut ist mein Tag" from Jasmin by Blumchen
  6. "Every Other Time" from Life is Good by LFO
  7. "I'm On a Boat" from I'm On a Boat (Single) by The Lonely Island
  8. "Turtle Power" from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Original Soundtrack by Partners in Kryme
  9. "Yo No Soy Esa Mujer" from Paulina by Paulina Rubio
  10. "Poetically Pathetic" from The Possibility and the Promise by Amber Pacific
  11. "It's All About the Pentiums" from Running With Scissors by Weird Al Yankovic
  12. "Gettin Jiggy Wit It" from Big Willie Style by Will Smith
  13. "Wunderkind" from The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by Alanis Morissette
  14. "It's Gonna Be Me" from No Strings Attached by *NSYNC
  15. "Heaven" from Heaven by DJ Sammy and Yanou
  16. "Bastian's Happy Flight" from The Never Ending Story (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Klaus Doldinger
For #1 is a remix. I actually prefer the original, but it's not an option. I'd have the song itself if iTunes would get some real Milli Vanilli music already.

#4 isn't THAT guilty of a pleasure, but given that it's on an album geared toward kids and I get a kick out of it, I feel like it belongs. #10 is mostly a guilty pleasure because the band describes themselves as emo rock, which makes me uncomfortable.


Comments (5)

Soo... I just discovered "TiK ToK" by Kesha and would like to make it an addendum to this playlist. And if you haven't watched this yet, you must: http://sheblogssheblogs.blogspot.com/2010/03/shes-got-treat.html

Some comments:

4. This song is awesome, regardless of whether or not it's meant for kids. They play it at their adult shows, so I think it counts for us!
5. It's a trap!
6. I forgot I had this song in my collection. Glad you got it in there. Fun times, fun memories, and some of the tritest lyrics ever. "Sometimes we swim around like two dolphins in the ocean of our hearts."
8. Ha ha. More trite lyrics that I've never caught before: "They can't dust us off like some old coffee table!"
14. I forgot to include my one *NSYNC song I own. By the way, why do YOU own one?
16. YEAH! YEAAAAAAH!!

Let me just add that hearing the studio version of #4 after hearing it live at one of their "hard rocking" shows left me a bit disappointed. It was awesome live. Also, I wore out my copy of the TMNT soundtrack. I got banished to the backyard to listen to it, my Mom got so sick of hearing it. This was my favorite track. I still know the whole thing. Also, #7 shouldn't be a skeleton. Be proud of your boat riding ways! Poseidon ain't got nothing on you!

Alright, alright, here's my track-by-track on songs I haven't already explained for some better insight:

1- Yeah, I just like this song. SUPER lame intro in the original version, and Rob/Fab were a pretty ridiculous duo, but I just can't help myself.
2- I have a soft spot for techno remixes of songs that you'd never expect to hear in a techno remix. Not that I necessarily enjoy all of them.
3- Soooo overplayed on the radio when I came home from my mission, and the music video is all "Daredevil"-esque... but it's just fun to sing along to.
5- More techno. Kind of a fun beat to drive around to, but also it reminds me of this, which just makes me giggle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckhasegf2wA ... I may or may not have created a ringtone based on that video.
6- As Jared stated -- SUCH silly lyrics. Dolphins? Ocean of our hearts? REALLLY? I really shouldn't like this song.
7- Only reason this is a skeleton is because of the language. Otherwise this song is pure genius.
8- I also have all the words to this memorized, but I didn't learn them until my senior year of high school, when my friend and I learned it so we could perform it in an "anything goes" sort of jazz choir concert that ended up being canceled. I used to sing this to fellow missionaries in Dallas. Good times.
9- Well, I'm not!
11- While I am the first to admit that Weird Al is in fact a musical genius (I'm not being sarcastic), he can be harder to tolerate when listening in large chunks. But I have always really enjoyed this parody and how clever it is. It was "White and Nerdy" before "White and Nerdy" existed.
12- Ah, Will Smith. Talented guy, but goofy excuse for a song to get kids to dance to. Still fun, though.
13- Yes, I admit I enjoy some Alanis. Not an attractive voice, notorious for her senseless lyrics, but I like this song from the "Narnia" soundtrack. I think it has a decent message and it fits in well with the rest of the film.
14- This is the only *NSYNC song I own, and I'll be straight up as to why: every time Timberlake does his nasally "It's gonna be me!", it makes me smirk. Partly because of just how silly it is, but part of me wonders if there's something oddly satisfying about it. I'm not really sure.
15- More techno. I just think techno is a genre of music that deserves very little respect or attention, but sometimes I just can't help but want to flail my arms about and get into it.
16- The name is reason enough to make it onto this list.

"Heut Ist Mein Tag" takes me back to when I had a Romanian roommate. And "Yo No Soy Esa Mujer" takes me back to my mission. Crazy cantante Chilanga. "Poetically Pathetic" makes me want to play Burnout: Takedown. "Bastian's Happy Flight" makes me want to hop in an airship from Final Fantasy II for the SNES.

Also, "It's All About the Pentiums" is way more hardcore nerdy than "White and Nerdy"

Post a Comment