Songs of Wandering (Aengus)

Posted by Amanda | Posted in | Posted on 8:46 PM

Here's my list--some explicitly about places, some that just seem like they'd be great to listen to while away from home. And track 16 is one of my new favorite songs of all time. This was definitely a fun mix to make. Enjoy!

  1. "Map of the World" by Monsters of Folk
  2. "Gobbledigook" by Sigur Ros
  3. "Comme Des Enfants" by Coeur de Pirate
  4. "Cayman Islands" by Kings of Convenience
  5. "Mexico" by James Taylor
  6. "Amsterdam" by Coldplay
  7. "Under African Skies" by Paul Simon
  8. "Aqueous Transmission" by Incubus
  9. "Montmartre" by Django Reinhardt
  10. "Shanghai" by Ed Harcourt
  11. "Space Oddity" by David Bowie (Seu Jorge version from the soundtrack of "Life Aquatic")
  12. "Midnight Train to Georgia" by Gladys Knight & The Pips
  13. "Chicago" by Frank Sinatra
  14. "Ohio" by Damien Jurado
  15. "River Road" by Crystal Gale
  16. "Appalachia Waltz" by Mark O'Connor (solo cello version performed by Yo-Yo Ma)
  17. "Homesick" by Kings of Convenience

Comments (1)

Excellent selection. The themes are of course always fun, but my favorite part of this blog is discovering new music. I love the Monsters of Folk track, and I really liked the Couer de Pirate song. I think I almost like their name even better: Heart of a Pirate.

I also think it's great that three of the four of us who posted used Paul Simon songs. Yours and Dave's are even off the same album. The man could write some driving tunes.

Post a Comment