I regret nothing!

Posted by Cabeza | Posted in | Posted on 5:43 AM

  1. "Party in the U.S.A." from The Time of Our Lives (EP) by Miley Cyrus
  2. "Gonna Make You Sweat" from Gonna Make You Sweat by C+C Music Factory
  3. "Hard Habit to Break" from Chicago 17 by Chicago
  4. "Are You Giving the Least to Those Who Matter Most?" from Sound Tracks by Michael McLean
  5. "Karma Chameleon" from Colour by Numbers by Boy George and the Culture Club
  6. "Weekend in New England" from This One's for You by Barry Manilow
  7. "Rock Lobster" from Rock Lobster (single) by The B-52's
  8. "White Lines (Don't Don't Do It)" from White Lines (Don't Don't Do It) (single) by Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five
  9. "In the Navy" from In the Navy (single) by The Village People
  10. "Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof" from Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof by Travis Tritt
  11. "Afternoons and Coffeespoons" from God Shuffled His Feet by Crash Test Dummies
  12. "Mormon Rap" from Mormons Are Crazy by Walter Hayes Band


Make sure you check the comments. One of them includes a link to the "Mormon Rap."

Comments (4)

For some reason the copy of "Mormon Rap" on Grooveshark just won't work, and it won't let me upload my own copy. So I'll send out a link that people can access if they want to experience the cheesy horror.

And now some comments:

1. It's totally a sellout, but it's catchy.
2. Also cheesy and kind of terrible, but man it's fun to run to. Takes me back.
3. Don't get me wrong, Chicago made some great stuff. But they also had a really melodramatic phase there in the 80s.
4. I bought and listened to a LOT of Michael McLean when I was in high school. I guess his corny music spoke to my teenage soul. This song was featured in the soundtrack to "Together Forever." McLean produced a bunch of those awesome 80s church videos.
5. I don't know if this is actually a skeleton. Such a great song in my opinion.
6. I also had quite the Barry Manilow kick in high school. This song prominently features the horribly overwrought key change that his music is known for. Wait for it... wait for it... BAM.
7. This was first single for The B-52's, and their first big hit! Almost seven minutes long, and a single sensation... The 80s were weird. And so were the B-52s. But I kind of love it.
8. The reason I own this fairly awful rap about why you shouldn't do cocaine is because it was featured in an episode of Gilmore Girls and it was used hilariously. So... multi-level skeletonism there.
9. High school disco kick.
10. Possibly the worst of my high school kicks: the country western phase. The greatest hits album I got this on is pretty terrible. It was hard to choose just one track to represent it. Sorry Shark.
11. I actually like a few of the Crash Test Dummies' songs, but in the end I don't think anyone could take them seriously as songwriters, even with their in-your-face references to T.S. Eliot.
12. Yes, I had this single on cassette. Still do. If people actually do remember this, they probably don't remember that on the B-side there was an instrumental track so you could do the Mormon Rap yourself, or make up your own rap. And ten-year-old Jared... he did. He did.

This comment has been removed by the author.

Link to Mormon Rap

I remember the Karaoke side!

Post a Comment