I will prove to you how cool I am by embarrassing myself in public

Posted by Scrumpestuous D | Posted in | Posted on 6:07 AM

I contend that I'm still cool, just busy. And here's my list - every shameful bit.
  1. "Doctor Jones" from Aquarium by Aqua
  2. "C'est la Vie" from B*Witched by B*Witched
  3. "I Just Want You To Know" from Never Gone by The Backstreet Boys
  4. "Toxic" from In The Zone by Britney Spears
  5. "Ven Conmigo (Solamente TĂș) from Mi Reflejo by Christina Aguilera
  6. "Hello" from Can't Slow Down by Lionel Ritchie
  7. "I Want You" from Savage Garden by Savage Garden
  8. "Wannabe" from Spice Girls by Spice Girls
  9. "In The Navy" from The Best of the Village People by The Village People
  10. "Woo Hoo" from Bomb the Twist by The 5.6.7.8's
  11. "Put Your Records On" from Corinne Bailey Rae by Corinne Bailey Rae
  12. "We Are The World" from We Are The World - Single by USA for Africa
  13. "Fly" from Floored by Sugar Ray
  14. "Hung Up" from Confessions On a Dance Floor by Madonna
  15. "Stay (I Missed You)" from Tails by Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories
  16. "Waiting On the World to Change" from Continuum by John Mayer
  17. "A Little Respect" from The Innocents by Erasure
  18. "Escapar" from Escape by Enrique Iglesias
  19. "Not Ready to Make Nice" from Taking the Long Way by The Dixie Chicks
  20. "Tubthumping" from Tubthumper by Chumbawamba

I didn't bother to order these this week. You'll find notes in the comments, once I have time to get them there.

Comments (8)

Ha ha. We both have "In the Navy." What does that say about us?

It means that we both liked this video as children.

OK, the notes.

1. Um... it's fun to dance to?
2. Kind of a nice change from the usual politically charged and/or semi-depressing Irish bands out there, right?
3. This is one catchy song, and I hate myself for getting caught on it.
4. This is the one I'm probably best prepared to defend as a good song. I mean, it's an excellently crafted Pop song, period. Danceable, catchy, and much more musically interesting than most Pop songs out there.
5. Yeah... This one was popular while I was on my mission. That's the only excuse I've got.
6. It's OK to like creepy things, right?
7. High School.
8. Ditto, but I liked this one more.
9. See above
10. Damn those Vonage commercials for introducing me to this song and then making me loathe it.
11. A flash in the pan that I'm embarrassed to say I liked. Because I'm a guy, you know.
12. Yeah, had to sing this one in elementary school. Loved it ever since.
13. Again, High School. You know you liked it too, until you realized it was the D-Bag anthem.
14. More people need to sample ABBA.
15. I still really like this song. I think it's well crafted, and chock full of estrogen, which is why I'm a little ashamed to admit that I like it. But I've kind of got a thing for sexy librarian types...
16. This is a catchy tune, and I downloaded it, and then I listened to it. The tune? Inspired by "Get Ready" by Curtis Mayfield - a song that I love. The lyric? I don't like being lumped together into one large apathetic group and apologized for. Next.
17. It's just so darn catchy.
18. It's way better, and somehow less creepy in Spanish.
19. The whole Dixie Chicks/Bush comments thing just really bugged me. Famous people say stuff. So do normal people. Ain't that great? So I was drawn to this song, and turns out it's pretty good.
20. We all liked this song. Admit it.

Didn't realize there's a Spanish version of #5 -- it's a LOT better in that language. I imagine it's original this way? Because #18 is also better in its original Spanish, although Enrique's theta drives me NUTS in it.

I used to love #8 as well, just because of how all-over-the-place it was. #13 is on my iTunes playlist -- I have a lot of fun pretending to be what's-his-face doing the backup little rap dealio. #20, for what it's worth, is a really well-mixed song. The bass in it is delightful.

#17 doesn't belong on this list. Great song!

#5 was actually recorded in Spanish after it was done in English. Ms. Aguilera wasn't what she is now (which is what, by the way?) and was looking for as many fans as she could get.

4. Yeah, as far as pop songs go, this one is pretty well crafted. The best version I've heard, though, was live at a Nickel Creek concert. They started going crazy on the violin and mandolin.
5. Aguilera's got a good accent. Best song I've heard from her. That's not saying much.
6. Anyone who hasn't watched the music video for this one SHOULD. Then all will understand the creepiness factor.
16. John Mayer shouldn't have to be a guilty pleasure if he'd just play on records like he does live. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the man is a guitar wizard.
17. Agreed with Shark. This is no skeleton!

Well, for 16, it's not his playing, it's those awful, awful lyrics.

Oh my gosh, I JUST noticed "Hello" on your list! That is one of my favorite songs (in a way that used to be completely ironic but then kind of became a real, only slightly ironic love for nostalgic reasons). Suffice it to say, I love that this is on your list.

Post a Comment