Don't listen until the turkey is digesting

Posted by Scrumpestuous D | Posted in | Posted on 5:19 AM

I'm submitting my post early this week, since I'm taking off for Italy tomorrow. My holiday music collection is probably pretty anemic compared to most, but I think there's enough unique stuff in here to keep things interesting.

  1. "White Christmas" from Home Alone by The Drifters
  2. "Melekalikimaka" from Christmas With The Beach Boys by The Beach Boys
  3. "Please Come Home for Christmas" from Please Come Home for Christmas / Funky New Year - Single by Eagles
  4. "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" from Santa Claus is Comin' to Town - Single by Bruce Springsteen
  5. "Run Rudolph Run" from Run Rudolph Run/Pressure Drop - Single by Keith Richards
  6. "Feliz Navidad" from Feliz Navidad by José Feliciano
  7. "That Spirit of Christmas" from The Spirit of Christmas by Ray Charles
  8. "Blue Christmas" from Harry for the Holidays by Harry Connick, Jr.
  9. "Santa Baby" from Platinum & Gold Collection: Eartha Kitt by Earha Kitt
  10. "Baby, It's Cold Outside" from Elf by Zooey Deschanel and Leon Redbone
  11. "Sleigh Ride" from A Christmas Festival by Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops Orchestra
  12. "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" from 20th Century Masters - The Christmas Collection: The Best of Brenda Lee by Brenda Lee
  13. "Jingle Bell Rock" from For Christmas by Johnny Mathis
  14. "Jingle Bells" from Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas by Ella Fitzgerald
  15. "What Are You Doing New Years Eve" from Christmas Songs by Diana Krall
  16. "Christmas Time Is Here" from A Charlie Brown Christmas by The Vince Guaraldi Trio
  17. "I Have a Little Dreidel" from Barenaked for the Holidays by Barenaked Ladies
  18. "Frosty the Snowman" from Harry for the Holidays by Harry Connick, Jr.
  19. "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!" from Ella Wishes You A Swinging Christmas by Ella Fitzgerald
  20. "Sussex Mummer's Christmas Carol" from Percy Grainger Plays Grainger by Percy Grainger
  21. "Little Saint Nick" from Christmas With The Beach Boys by The Beach Boys
  22. "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)" from Greatest Hits: Still Squeaky after All These Years by Alvin & The Chipmunks
  23. "The Christmas Song" from 20th Century Masters - The Millenium Collection: The Best of Mel Tormé by Mel Tormé
  24. "Christmas TV" from Christmas TV - Single by Slow Club
  25. "Last Christmas (Studio Version)" from Christmas EP by Jimmy Eat World
  26. "Sleigh Ride" from A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector by The Ronettes
  27. "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" from A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector by Darlene Love


Sorry about the pops and hisses on "Run Rudolph Run," they're not supposed to be there. This version of "White Christmas" is my all-time favorite and is might be my favorite Christmas song of all time. Plus, it's featured in Home Alone which plays a pivotal role in my personal history, being one of the first movies I ever saw without my parents. Harry's version of "Blue Christmas" isn't as good as the one I heard two years ago at the JALC Orchestra's Red Hot Holiday Stomp, but it's as close as I could get in a recording. The Mel Tormé track is included more for historical reasons, since the guy composed the song. I think I like the Nat King Cole version better, but I don't own it. Finally, "Jingle Bell Rock" will always remind me of my Mom. Anyway, Merry Christmas to all of you!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment