Flyin' Solo

Posted by Amanda | Posted in | Posted on 9:14 PM

1. School of Rock (from the movie of the same name)
2. I Got a Woman by Ray Charles
3. While My Guitar Gently Weeps by George Harrison
4. Roll Over Beethoven by Chuck Berry
5. All Along the Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix
6. It's All Over Now by the Rolling Stones
7. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight by Bob Dylan
8. Sonny Listen by Nate Gephardt
9. Butterfly Nets by Bishop Allen
10. Crayola Doesn't Make a Color by Kristen Andreassen
11. DOT by Jose Gonzalez
12. Never Never Land by the Vince Guaraldi Trio
13. Giant Steps by John Coltrane
14. Brandenburg Gate by Dave Brubeck
15. What A Little Moonlight Can Do by Billie Holiday
16. Mood Indigo by Duke Ellington
17. Stompin' at the Savoy by Clifford Brown
18. Violin Romance #2 in F, Op. 50 by Ludwig van Beethoven
19. Les Choristes (from the movie of the same name)
20. Ande Yo Caliente by Ramon Jimenez
21. Pretend I Don't Exist by Melody Gardot


After once managing to get every song on my playlist onto the widget, it seems my luck has run out. Also, I can't tell the difference between what is and is not a solo. Maybe I'm over thinking it? I figure so long as one instrument is featured prominently in a part or all of a song, it'll fit in this category, right? Meh.

My playlist starts out rock and roll, then transitions via harmonica from Dylan to Gephardt and several other alternative tracks before transitioning via piano from Gonzalez to the Vince Guaraldi Trio and several jazzy tunes. The last four are just random songs I love. So there. :)


(I'm gonna email the missing tracks to you guys--widgets be damned.)

Comments (3)

Kudos on finding "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" on Grooveshark. I especially liked tracks 10 & 11. Oh, and high fives all around for both of us choosing "Giant Steps."

Woah, I didn't even notice the "Giant Steps" redundancy. Great minds, my friend...great minds....

Thank you for selecting Chuck Berry. I wanted to use one of his songs myself but ended up cutting him. Amazing guitarist.

Post a Comment